We are a small agency. If a position is posted here, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
HICAP Community Liaison
The HICAP Community Liaison, under the supervision of the Program Manager and in coordination with the Outreach Coordinator, develops community partnerships and linkages across the North Bay region to meet program goals and publicize program services.
Primary focus of the position would be in Napa and Solano counties. Living in those counties and having an understanding of the organizations would be a plus.
These activities include becoming certified as a Medicare counselor (training provided) and initiating opportunities to assist community partners and organizations in understanding the scope of HICAP services related to counseling and educational seminars.
1. Community Partnership Development
• Initiate HICAP program publicity through interaction with community partners and organizations which further our ability to serve more beneficiaries.
• Participate in community organizational collaboratives that align with program goals and enhance visibility of our services.
• Actively solicit opportunities for HICAP Program exposure.
2. Counseling and Educational Presentations
• Provide Medicare counseling to individuals throughout the North Bay region at sites and locations that further HICAP program goals.
• Maintain accurate and timely records in SHARP (the data collection and reporting system) on all client contacts and services provided.
• Maintain registered counselor status with the CA Department of Aging (CDA) in accordance with policies and required counseling and training hours.
• Provide educational presentations in coordination with the Outreach Coordinator that contribute to Public and Media performance measures.
3. Volunteer Recruitment
• Publicize volunteer opportunities to community and individual contacts with the referral of interested parties to Volunteer Coordinator.
• Become registered as a counselor within 3 months of hire.
• Assist team in answering Agency and Program phone calls.
• Periodic travel within served counties would be required.
Contact Program Manager with letter of interest and for more details.