Senior Advocacy Services
As a community leader and advocate, Senior Advocacy Services provides services and resources that address the challenges of aging.
AT SAS – IT’S BUSINESS AS USUAL DURING THIS COVID-19 HEALTH EMERGENCY – WELL, ALMOST.
Our Agency and staff are here for you, as during other times, to serve our community advocating for older adults and providing needed services. Staff are answering calls and responding to messages while working remotely. Here are some ways our programs continue to serve our community:
· Ombudsman are calling residents and staff of long term care facilities as well as receiving and responding to reports of abuse.
· HICAP staff are answering calls, returning voicemails within 2 hours and setting up virtual appointments. They are currently developing a Medicare Fundamentals Seminar that can be presented via Zoom with question & answer interactive capability.
· Elder Justice is still here to address system challenges in the safety net of services to support older and dependent adults. While many challenges will become apparent following our community response to COVID-19, we’d still like to hear about challenges related to the prevention and response of elder and dependent adult abuse and neglect.
· SASk us about Volunteering! We still need volunteers for our vital programs and are developing remote training opportunities for HICAP and Ombudsman that would allow new volunteers to train remotely and be ready to jump into action when we are past social distancing and staying at home.
· Pick of the Vine. One of the more challenging decisions that SAS had to make was to postpone Pick of the Vine. This event is a 33 year tradition and a beautiful celebration of our communities support of our seniors. The great news is that the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts was very accommodating, and we were able to secure June 20th, 2020 as the NEW DATE for Pick of the Vine. Please put it on your calendar and Click Here to BuyTickets.
· Mother’s Day Flowers. It’s still important to us to honor those mothers who have no one to remember them on Mother’s Day. Depending on how this COVID-19 progresses, the Ombudsman team are creatively planning on how to continue to deliver 400 bouquets to residents in long-term care facilities.
Thank you to all our supporters and partners during this difficult time. Senior Advocacy Services is doing our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and are hoping for a timely return to normal activities in a healthy world. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff if we can support you in any way.
You can reach us at (707) 526-4108 or email email@example.com