Call our office for advocacy-related concerns: (707) 526-4108
Toll Free 24-Hour Crisis Line:
Ombudsman for the County of Sonoma are a vital component of long term care services. We provide a voice for vulnerable seniors who may feel overwhelmed, fearful or ashamed to communicate problems of abuse and neglect, be it physical, sexual, emotional, verbal or financial.
Ombudsman provide the following services to those living in Sonoma County nursing homes, assisted living facilities and residential care homes:
- Advocate for residents’ rights
- Investigate complaints on behalf of residents in long term care facilities
- Act to protect vulnerable residents from abuse and neglect
- Safeguard clients rights to privacy by protecting confidential information
- Provide long term care placement information and assistance
- Educate the community about residents’ rights
- Present to community groups and organizations about the role of Ombudsman in senior advocacy and long term care.
Meet the staff Ombudsman
The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) needs your help reaching older adults age 60+, adults with disabilities 18+, and their caregivers in Sonoma County! Every
Our fearless watchdog is in the news again! Executive Director Crista Barnett Nelson was on NBC News yesterday – calling in from overseas even! She
Senior Advocacy Services was pleased to participate in National Night Out this year on Tuesday August 2, 2022 with our local law enforcement partners. New