There are so many people who need the help our agency offers and it's the volunteers who are the heart of this agency.
We have a spot for you!
With over 80 volunteers giving more than 10,000 hours of their time annually, we are able to provide services across a wide geographic area containing almost 226,000 seniors. We pay a small group of staff with the funds we receive, yet there is much to be done and so many who need the help we can provide. This is where you can make a difference by joining SAS and our group of dedicated volunteers in one of the following capacities:
- Board of Directors - oversee the functions of the agency and represent our agency in the community.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - are trained and certified volunteers who visit nursing homes and residential care facilities throughout the county to help residents who may have problems.
- HICAP Counselors - are trained and state registered volunteers who learn Medicare then provide education and counseling to individuals on issues regarding Medicare.
- Office Assistants - provide a variety of functions such as answering phones, clerical duties and data input.
- Special Projects Volunteers - help with special fundraising events like Pick Of the Vine, an annual premier wine and beer event.
- Elder Justice Volunteers - promote Elder Abuse Awareness or serve with financial expertise on the Financial Abuse Specialist Team (FAST) supporting elder abuse financial investigations.
Certification training is required for Ombudsman and HICAP Counselors. The length of the training is 35-40 hours of classroom instruction followed by an internship period. Both types of volunteers require continuing education which is provided by the agency.
Training or orientation is provided for the other volunteers positions as appropriate.
For more information call (707) 526-4108 and let's talk in more detail about what's possible and how your willingness to dedicate time and energy with the other volunteers truly helps those who turn to the programs of Senior Advocacy Services.