There are so many people who need the help our agency offers and it’s the volunteers who are the heart of this agency.
We have a spot for you!
With over 80 volunteers giving more than 10,000 hours of their time annually, we are able to provide services across a wide geographic area containing almost 226,000 seniors. We pay a small group of staff with the funds we receive, yet there is much to be done and so many who need the help we can provide. This is where you can make a difference by joining SAS and our group of dedicated volunteers in one of the following capacities:
- Board of Directors – oversee the functions of the agency and represent our agency in the community.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman – are trained and certified volunteers who visit nursing homes and residential care facilities throughout the county to help residents who may have problems.
- HICAP Counselors – are trained and state registered volunteers who learn Medicare then provide education and counseling to individuals on issues regarding Medicare.
- Special Projects Volunteers – help with special fundraising events like Pick Of the Vine or annual events such as Mothers Day flowers and Sonoma County Secret Santa.
- Elder Justice Volunteers – promote Elder Abuse Awareness or serve with financial expertise on the Financial Abuse Specialist Team (FAST) supporting elder abuse financial investigations.
For more program specific information see the side menus and links on this page or call (707) 526-4108 to talk with us about giving your time to help others who turn to Senior Advocacy Services.