Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program of Sonoma County
Ombudsman are state certified individuals who resolve the problems of residents of nursing homes and residential care facilities for the elderly.
They provide an avenue for conflict resolution that may be otherwise unavailable to elderly residents who are victims of neglect and abuse.
Ombudsman representatives strive to ensure dignity, choice and quality of life for all individuals in long term care.
Ombudsman are a vital component of long term care services. They provide a voice for vulnerable seniors who may feel overwhelmed, fearful or ashamed to communicate problems of abuse and neglect, be it physical, sexual, emotional, verbal or financial.
- Advocate for resident’s rights
- Investigate complaints on behalf of residents in long term care facilities
- Act to protect vulnerable residents from abuse and neglect
- Safeguard clients rights to privacy by protecting confidential information
- Provide long term care placement information and assistance
- Educate the community about residents’ rights
- Present to community groups and organizations the role of Ombudsmen in senior advocacy and long term care issues
“The Ombudsman was a life saver and came to my aid at a time when I was desperate and had given up hope.” ~ Resident
Watch our video on Long Term CAre Ombudsman: https://youtu.be/poZeGJjqt-o