Our Agency and staff are here for you, as during other times, to serve our community advocating for older adults and providing needed services. Staff are answering calls and responding to messages while working remotely. Here are some ways our programs continue to serve our community:
· Ombudsman are calling residents and staff of long term care facilities as well as receiving and responding to reports of abuse.
· HICAP staff are answering calls, returning voicemails within 2 hours and setting up virtual appointments. They are currently developing a Medicare Fundamentals Seminar that can be presented via Zoom with question & answer interactive capability.
· Elder Justice is still here to address system challenges in the safety net of services to support older and dependent adults. While many challenges will become apparent following our community response to COVID-19, we’d still like to hear about challenges related to the prevention and response of elder and dependent adult abuse and neglect.
· SASk us about Volunteering! We still need volunteers for our vital programs and are developing remote training opportunities for HICAP and Ombudsman that would allow new volunteers to train remotely and be ready to jump into action when we are past social distancing and staying at home.
· Pick of the Vine. One of the more challenging decisions that SAS had to make was to cancel Pick of the Vine for 2020. Our focus is to honor the health and wellness of our supports and friends. We’ll resume in 2021.
· Mother’s Day Flowers. A SUCCESS! We re-invisioned this event to honor the shelter in place mandate. We put together kits of mugs and flowers. Volunteers pulled up in their cars, we loaded kits, they created bouquets in the safety of their homes and delivered to the front door of facilities.
Thank you to all our supporters and partners during this difficult time. Senior Advocacy Services is doing our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and are hoping for a timely return to normal activities in a healthy world. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff if we can support you in any way.
You can reach us at (707) 526-4108 or email email@example.com